Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 3 - Going Great

I am now in day 3 of my weight loss journey using the Medifast weight loss program. It is also my 57th birthday. (Does that sound old to anyone else?) Since I began on Tuesday I have lost just under 5 lbs. which has me really stoked. I haven't had any hunger issues and really don't expect anything seriously overwhelming at this point. I'm pretty much through the 72-hour adjustment period and I find that my energy level is increasing. Although the loss of 5 pounds isn't readily noticeable in my appearance, I can feel it. The trousers are ever so slightly more baggy than before.

I'm starting to discover which foods I like and which ones I probably won't order again. I have really liked most everything so the "dislike" list is very short. Of course, I haven't had a chance to sample everything that I've ordered so that list could very well grow. My favorites so far are the scrambled eggs and the Parmesan cheese puffs. My least favorite are the cinnamon pretzel sticks, probably because they are made of soy protein instead of bread. No worries though. My evening meals have consisted of lean meat and vegetables. Applebee's has a very good steak and vegetable meal with only 380 calories.

The Medifast meals are very small but filling. Eating six times a day keeps the hunger at bay. (Hey, that rhymes!) There's still some lingering feelings of deprivation, knowing that there are certain foods that I just can't have right now. But I'm confident that when I've reached my goal weight it will have been a very small price to pay for the benefits of better health. This, like other things we go through, is just a season.

Seasons of change, especially ones that bring positive change, are good for us even though they may be difficult to go through. There's always something to learn about yourself and about God in such upheaval. For me, the upheaval is welcomed. To remain on the path that I was on was only going to lead to more trouble and difficulty for me in the long run.

I must remember that it has only been three days and that I have a long way to go on this journey. There are things yet unseen that will challenge my focus and determination. The support of my friends and the power of Christ will enable me to prevail. On to day 4...

1 comment: